Nicotine Mouth Spray
With nicotine mouth spray, you spray once or twice into your mouth when you are having a craving. The nicotine is absorbed quickly into your bloodstream.
Consider using this product if you:
- Prefer to have control over how much nicotine you are getting and when you are getting it. You can use it as needed rather than receiving a constant supply.
- Want to replace the action of taking out a cigarette and putting something in your mouth. If you have a craving, you reach for the mouth spray instead of reaching for a cigarette.
How it’s used:
- Point the dispenser as close as you can to your open mouth. Avoiding your lips, press down firmly on the dispenser to release a spray into your mouth. Don’t spray it in the back of your throat and avoid inhaling.
- Hold the spray in your mouth for few seconds before swallowing.
- Wait a few minutes; if you are still having a craving, you can spray again. If you find that 2 helped, have 2 consecutive sprays each subsequent time.
- Each spray is 0.07 ml and contains 1 mg of nicotine.
- A mouth spray dispenser has at least 150 sprays.
- Most smokers will require 1-2 sprays every 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- You should only have up to 4 sprays per hour. Do not use more than 2 sprays at a time or 64 sprays (4 sprays per hour over 16 hours) in any 24-hour period.
- Generally used for a period of 12 weeks.
Watch out for:
- Some users have reported a mild burning sensation on their lips if they come into contact with the spray. This is completely normal and nothing to worry about. To avoid, simply take care not to get any spray on your lips.